Tuesday, January 10, 2012

What I did on Break

So I want to apologize for the lack of posts this past month. I had great intentions to, however, certain situations kept me from doing so. Normally I won't post things about my life, but I feel I owe an explanation.

First reason was that finals week was probably one of the most exhausting/miserable/busy/long/frustrating week of my life. I was trying to keep up with school and the numerous projects and papers that went along with it. I was working on a project for a friend that ended terrible (in my opinion). I also had so places to be that week. With all that, I burned myself out. Emotionally. Mentally. Physically. Creatively. So, I did not paint my entire break. I just slept.

Second reason resulted in my loss of two wisdom teeth. I was out on my couch for an entire week. It took me forever to somewhat feel normal. I thought I would bounce back faster than what I did. I still can't eat crunchy food. The medication I was on caused me to sleep practically all day and it messed up my sleeping schedule, so I'm still working on that. Hopefully, my mouth won't feel sore soon. My desire to paint was completely put to rest due to two little teeth.
(I will not be posting pictures of me looking like a chipmunk)

Third reason for not painting is that I'm moving out! I've been trying to get things ready the past week or so and gradually moving my things into the house this week. I should be completely moved out by this Saturday! I'm really excited and I've been designing my new room. I'll put pictures up as soon as I'm done.

Classes start back this week. In fact, they started today. I wish I still had a little bit of break left, but I'm also kind of ready for a schedule again. I will be taking two art courses this semester and I'm looking forward to them. My first class is Photography 1. It's a good thing I bought my DSLR last year for my trip to Paris! I hope that my photography skills will improve so I can post more interesting pictures on here. I might as well add a new tab for photography too. My second art class is Life Drawing. Should be interesting.

So I hope you all had a fantastic break, and a good Christmas season. The new year looks to be an interesting one but hopefully good!

2 comments:

  1. I thought you're friend's project turned out great. (In my opinion)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. It is nice to hear what ya have been up to lately (even if it is nothing but sleeping lol). Chin up and you'll get through the pain of teeth and back into the swing of things with schoolio. :)

    ReplyDelete